Ticker

Friday, October 29, 2010

First Newspaper

Yesterday, I got Anirud his first newspaper - First News (thats the name! :-). Ever since I got to know that there is a news paper for kids, I wanted to introduce him the habit of reading news paper. Very rarely we get to buy newspapers here in UK for most of the news filters its way through TV and internet.

As he has reached the stage of reading fluently and also since he regularly reads the headlines in BBC News website, I thought it is a good time and got a hardcopy version for him. When he saw the headline 'Murray floors Federer' (I wish it had been a positive news about Fedex, the King), I expected him to question about the word 'floors'. Rather he carried on reading and said 'appa, unnoda favourite federer thothu poitaan' (Your favourite Federer has lost!).

Carry on sonny. Lets keep this ritual (of reading newspapers) alive.

1 comment:

Suji said...

this is really cool esp. the comment abt Federer