Ticker

Monday, May 17, 2010

Questioning

Right from the time Anirud started to speak, especially since he started questioning, I knew that there will be some questions that I would struggle to answer. The task became a bit more difficult when he started thinking that 'appa' knows everything. As much as possible, I tried to look for the right answers using various resources and invariably that will trigger a fresh set of sub-questions.

What I do not wanted to do is to tell him something that will stop him from questioning or to tell him a wrong answer that will mislead him. Many a times, he has thrown bouncers like 'what do you call Cement in Tamil'. But nothing prepared me for the one he threw at me yesterday. I really didn't know what to tell but at the same time didn't want to make it a taboo subject. So, I did what I could do best. Bought some time and let him mark this one up for questioning when he became a 'big boy'. As for the question, he began with a typical business like manner - 'I have a question for you' and then went on to ask 'காதல்-ன்னா என்னப்பா?' (What is Kadhal (romance / love)?).

I really wished that I had a typical filmy answer starting with 'காதல்ங்கறது...'. He had heard the word getting repeated in many of the film songs and there goes a question. :)

No comments: